View Single Post
Old 5th December 2018, 22:34   #26
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
In fact most CEO’s welcome such feedback from their customers. CEO’s often realise that their line management cover up “bad news”. The so called ‘mushroom management’ can be fed upwards and often is.

Contacting the CEO can provide that key individual with the reality of the situation he or she may be isolated from.

I can seriously see no good reason to keep them in the dark about the genuine reasons you are dissatisfied with the service their company is providing.
Here is a response from Gavin Patterson at BT, source: The Guardian

“I respond personally to customers for two reasons,” says BT CEO Gavin Patterson. “Firstly, because I want to set the right tone – customers pay our salaries and dividends, and without them, we haven’t got a business. As CEO you can say that, but unless you act on it people don’t believe you. Second, customer emails are also a source of insight into what’s going on in the business. I’ll spot trends I haven’t necessarily been told about or other people haven’t noticed.

“It’s very easy for people in senior positions to become detached. In as many cases as I can, I’ll personally reply, acknowledging the complaint and forwarding it to the right person to ensure it gets fixed. You have to have a tough skin – I treat aggressive, swearing emails no differently. If there’s a problem, we’ll aim to fix it as fast as we possibly can.” [email protected].
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote