View Single Post
Old 16th January 2020, 11:46   #15
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Even though I'm on the other side of spectrum (young uni student) my situation is very similar being a student and a part timer my funds are limited. My first 75 was an 01 2.5v6 which I bought as spares or repairs and ended up doing 4000 trouble free miles until an Audi decided to write it off. my second 75 an 03 2.5v6 again although higher mileage it had one of the most impressive service histories I've seen but it ended it up being troublesome so the idea of replacing it with something newer and potentially more reliable got into my head. Though when I put things down even if the newer car is indeed more reliable I found it it's easier to digest maintenance costs of the 75 rather than the upfront cost of a newer car plus depreciation. additionally, I found that parts for newer cars can be significantly more expensive than 75 parts (a mate ended spending £1k on his 14 plate corsa to stop it from going to limp mode) and the club here is always willing to help with any 75 issues. Also being a student means I don't do many miles like many pensioners so fuel economy of the v6 is negligible for me and surprisingly the 75 is very insurance friendly. Lastly I would say there is no match for the 75 in terms of comfort driving enjoyment and practicality with most modern economy cars I've driven new Mercs and Jags and dare I say the 75 is up there with them and in most cases more comfortable

Last edited by thanos.m; 16th January 2020 at 11:50..
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote