View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 19:06   #13
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Only yesterday I was berating myself for what I did to the 75 Tourer cdti connie. I'd covered over 70k in it running it up to 160k. Serviced, parts replaced as need in a very long established local garage - rear springs and shockers, clutch+DMF+slave+ master cylinder, front spring etc etc.

When it need the diesel pump replacing I thought, altogether this will cost something like the market cost of the car. I bought a 67k SEAT Alhambra for around £4k. It's now just under 100k and struggling.

Fortunately, I'd kept the Rover in the garage compound for 18 months or more. That's not good. New brake lines, discs all round, tyres all round and other stuff it cost me over £1k to get through an MoT. I ended up doing the diesel pump and hydramount myself (thanks to all the help I received here).

I curse myself for ever doing that to the Rover.

The Alhambra sounds like a bag of hammers compared to the Rover. The Alhambra rides like a tobbogan. Including the air con work that didn't fix it the cost is nearly as much as I spent on putting right the neglected Rover.

Make your own choice. I won't get fooled again.

JohnnyBG

PS - Also "retired" but currently working two part time jobs at 1.5 days each as three kids at home.

Last edited by JohnnyBG; 15th January 2020 at 19:09.. Reason: PS
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote