View Single Post
Old 11th June 2007, 22:38   #2
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodybluezt View Post
Whilst I like the diesel ZT, I am still hankering after a V8.

Realistically I cannot afford to run one day to day, and would prefer it as a second car anyway, in order to keep mileage, and tyre wear down, I could then use it just on the odd day to go to work in, if I need cheering up , and also for towing the caravan ( which we havent got yet).

Purchasing a runabout would mean I have the luxury of selling moodyblue privately, and then having time to find the right V8.

however the other train of thought is that the money spent purchasing, taxing, and insuring another car could be better spend either pouring down the black hole behind the filler flap, or going for an LPG conversion.

Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, as we have the extension to finish off, and a caravan to buy, so the pot may be empty at the end of it all anyway , but was wondering what you guys thought ??
I had a similiar problem, a friend of mine was retiring and told me he had a R reg Corsa Diesel van for sale, all new tyres,new battery,12 months MOT, 2 months tax, 51 mpg, 72k miles, in good cond, was I interested? Yes!!
The ZT 190 now go's out twice a week. I use the van to park at airports while working abroad, park in public/Tesco car parks without a care in the world. I have spent £200 on Chips away this year for repair of dents/scratches to the ZT and the van cost me £500 and £129 to insure TPFT.
I actually enjoy driving more now. When working park the van anywhere, I dare you to dent it!! and at weekends enjoy the feeling of power from the ZT.
Being used to flooring the throttle in the diesel van, getting in the ZT is great!
If anything major go's wrong I'll throw it away. the saving on fuel means getting my money back in 6-7 months. Do you remember your early days driving when you had an old car [all you could afford] its like that again. Park it anywhere, on narrow lanes let the other cars move out of the way, they see a van and think " Oh Christ he wont give a damn] My ZT which always seemed noisy and bumpy now seems like a limo. Drive a shed during the week and enjoy the weekend Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote