Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
So just an update on the t reg launch 75 we got that had full engine failure

So some of you know me and alice (afirth369) bought a t reg 1.8 club 75 dealer launch car. The head gasket had failed so we got that all sorted and running good. Less than 100 miles later alice was driving it to the waterwheel meet and the oil light came on and it started knocking out of nowhere. So the old girl got transported by the AA home.
I pulled the oil pan off as we found some metal in the oil…….
What I found was a pan full of bearing shell fragments. The big ends look like that have been having a party. So Friday afternoon I decided to pull the engine.
Took the big end caps off to find the shells on 2,3,4 had welded themselves to the con rods. Piston 1 was fine.
So we decided on Friday night Saturday morning we need a new engine for the old girl. So ebay we went….
We found Rover 45 1.8 auto that had low miles and thought this would be a good engine. Recent head gasket by a known company so we proceed to bid. Saturday night we got the notification that we won the car. All good new engine here we come.
Sunday, we went to collect the car and found that after driving it home from Manchester to Castleford its too good to rob its engine and strip.
A 44k mile Rover 45 club se with heated cloth front seats, 4 electric windows, alloys, headlight washer, rear parking sensors and a few optional extras fitted. It was sold new vis SMC in slough.

Now what do we do with it …. Plus we are still after an engine or try and rebuild the old girls original ………
The joys of Rovers….
I have a new block with the crank in it, come to Wigan to collect it.

Last edited by Saga Lout; 26th October 2021 at 07:31..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote