View Single Post
Old 10th April 2020, 10:23   #14
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
As for the problem of scratched windows, I'd second the point of not opening them as the best cure

All my windows are scratched to some extent (driver's being worst, obviously), but I can live with this relatively minor inconvenience.

Pics attached show a new and an old outer window seal. The new one has a perfect velour-type facing strip that sits against the window (looks like a good harbouring material for dirt and grit). This is seriously deteriorated in the photo of the old seal - and it doesn't look as though it would take too kindly to regular cleaning..

Cheers,
Karl.
Thanks for the reply !
I think I'll just try using them as little as possible, the ones one the car were really bad the ones I put in are still almost scratch free so I'll try keeping them that way. My outer windows seal didn't have this velour type material it's just rubber only the inner one is like this maybe project drive thing ? Mine still looked to be in decent shape. I think someone had been in passager side at some point then the door card came out a lot easier than the drivers side. So I guess the only cure is keep the windows clean and use them as little as possible
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote