View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2020, 17:49   #43
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
He made three guesses and unnecessary work to your immobiliser before he thought of the simplest possible cause; a fuse. Is that the making of a legend?

The appropriate definition from the Oxford English Dictionary seems to be:
"An extremely famous or notorious person". So yes, you appear to be right morgymoo.

Simon
I made no guesses Simon, I asked the man to check to see if his second key worked in case the first one had a data fault, which incidentally was the case by the way.

His second key had no transponder fitted, so after rectifying the data fault by resetting the rolling code table in the immobiliser, I programmed him a replacement so his second key would also be operational.

I then dismantled my own car in the pouring rain, and fitted the parts from his car, paired everything up using T4, and ensured everything worked, which of course it did.

Now I had made the assumption that the original fault was caused by repeated attempts to start the car with a partially discharged battery, something that has been seen before, however make no mistake about it, you have not brought anything to the table other than your absolute disdain for anyone who has anything whatsoever to do with the motor trade once again.

So it wasn't solved by your help was it Simon?, I messed about in the pouring rain for a couple of hours, to make sure the man was not left without an operational car, sorted out the symptom of the fault, and programmed him a replacement transponder.

I then boxed everything up and posted it back to him, and didn't charge a penny for my time, my expertise, the replacement transponder, in fact nothing whatsoever.

When he received it back it should have been a case of plugging it all back in and everything working normally, but as you well know this wasn't the case.

So did I throw my hands up in despair? no I had a look at what could have caused the original fault, and made informed suggestions as to where he might look next.

Now in my book that is what makes a helpful club member, not one that makes ill informed assumptions that O ring compression set is actually caused by minuscule movements abrading an O ring flat, then when it is explained by someone who recognises the symptoms, you carry on poo pooing the actual causal factor.

I pulled out a molar with a pair of pliers on Monday, as I was in so much pain and couldn't wait for my dentist to come back from her holiday, does this make me a dentistry expert, or somehow better than the dentist.......of course the answer is no.

Similarly, just because you have carried out a couple of jobs on your own car Simon, this does not qualify you as any type of expert, nor does it mean you to know better than the manufacturer when it come to the ill placed advice you often dispense when it comes to timing belt replacement, or safety matters when it comes to the replacement of brake pipes.

Now I don't give a hoot what you think of me, or indeed what senior members of this club you choose to cosy up to, my time spent actually helping other owners has now come to an end

My tenure at this club is also at an end, and perhaps next time you are speaking to Paul Ribi, you may ask him to action my request to deactivate my account, as I've better things to do with my time than attempt to debate with a complete and utter bell-end such as yourself

I'm sure the rest of the membership are looking forward to your superior knowledge being actioned for them, I can't wait for the next thrilling instalment of "the garage haven't used the official MGR bleeding procedure" to be trotted out

Now please run along now Mr Halfajob, you've some reporting of posts to do, followed by a crash course in how not to piss off the very people prepared to put themselves out for a complete stranger

Over and out

Last edited by marinabrian; 22nd February 2020 at 17:54..