View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2018, 03:50   #555
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
1000 apologies for not responding earlier but I have just moved house and it is not something I intend to do again anytime soon, have just started the recovery !

As the Star has internet access , sit on your drive and connect to your home wi fi via the settings option, go to the play store and download the UK Radio App

Go to the settings on your smart phone and enable wi fi hot spot, connect to your Star

You can now select UK Radio and scroll through the stations and set up favourites to save scrolling through all the stations each time you want to listen to your favourites

When you are on the move in your car just select mobile hotspot on your smart phone and the UK Radio App will automatically connect

Forget trying to solve your poor reception via the aerial , I have tried new aerials, new amps and new filters, checked cables for continuity and come to the conclusion that the unit itself is faulty, this is the way to go and you will be able to enjoy your Star more than you do now, I have the radio on all the time and it is crystal clear, also forget the DAB radio add on you wont need it this is better

Keep an eye on your phones data allowance but trust me the radio uses very little data even on long journeys

Occasionally I lose the signal but it is only for a few seconds and it comes back but I am currently living in the sticks so to be expected and a small price to pay for the benefits

If you are still unsure pm me and i will be happy to set up a call and talk you through it
Many, many thanks - will give this a go!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote