View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:14   #1
SirRustalot
Gets stuck in

Box of ales and some cheap sunglasses

Default Any advice on contesting a speeding fine?

Generally, I never speed. I was on my motorcycle on a road I know well and apparently got snapped by a 50mph camera in an area tha drops from 70-50-70 all within about 300 yards on a busy stretch of motorway. Now, I always drop my speed to at least 10mph below the limit when I approach these things 'cos I don't trust them and I'm absolutely positive I wasn't speeding since I slow right down approaching cameras without thinking. To add to that, I had a satnav/camera thing on my tank that flashes when I approach cameras. I remember it all well.

Anyway, they say I was doing 60mph but I highly doubt it. It was a crystal clear, dry day and I was just ambling down the road.

I plan to contest it but having never been done for speeding before, I'm unsure where to start. What's the worst that can happen if I contest it and they decide to prosecute me anyway? The cash fine is outrageous (£100) and I've had a clean licence for ever. Point of note: this particular camera on the A90 near Laurencekirk is infamous for raking in something like 300 drivers a day in fines. I feel there's tomfoolery afoot.

Any thoughts? I'd prefer this from people who have managed to save their cash and licence or from those who have actually gone through the process in any shape or form. Thanks.

Last edited by SirRustalot; 22nd September 2014 at 22:56..
SirRustalot is offline   Reply With Quote