View Single Post
Old 18th December 2019, 04:26   #273
Pete73

X5

Smile Thermotop Z C schematics

Hi all!

Been reading all pages of this interesting topic, and have to say, this is brilliant!

FrenchMike, this is a great value of information!

So back to topic..

I have also this BMW (from a E53) thermotop Z auxiliary heater, and the problem in my case is the short circuit on glow pin by INPA software.
I measured the glow pin, and its fine, within .2-.3ohms, so this leans to a problem with the ECU.

I found a pic from internet that states BTS141 pin S (Source) being directly feeding the glow circuit, and I am in desperate need of schematics.

As looking the data sheet of BTS141, I understand that the short circuit is measured within the SIPMOS mosfet?

I checked all resistors on top side, and all are good, even the wrigleys chewing gum had started to destroy the varnish, I think I removed it just in time..

Attached a pic of the board

(seems that the pic won't show, so here is the link: https://imgur.com/a/c5SnDIP

Any help would be very appreciated

BR Pete

P.S. I tried to measure the resistance from the ECU X3 connector, and I get 25.1-25.3Kohms, can anyone measure theirs and compare the values? As then would know what a working one should read out..

Last edited by Pete73; 19th December 2019 at 06:58.. Reason: tried to get the pic to show :)
Pete73 is offline   Reply With Quote