View Single Post
Old 5th April 2024, 16:02   #687
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Looks like my recovery is going well and so is my spending. I had a new bed delivered last Tuesday from HSL. The bed was made to measure and is electrically assisted. Has 3 separate motors, and remote control.

So I decided it was time to renew the bedding. So with my neighbour Marion we went to Dunelms in Plymouth where I spent a few bob on the bedding. Plus I bought a couple of Poppy pasta dishes.
The new quilt covers, pillow cases and sheets need to be washed and aired before putting them on the new bed.

My old bed I dismantled last Sunday and rebuilt it in the spare room. So for a few nights I have been sleeping in there. But I wanted to sleep in my new bed. So I stripped the old bed, and the bedding went into the washing machine. So I put clean bedding on the new bed. And last night I climbed into my new bed. I raised the head end a little way then lifted the feet end just a bit higher.

I went to bed at 22.15 and woke up at 03.10 for a wee. And it was 07.40 b3fore I woke up again. Best nights sleep I’ve had for awhile. And I didn’t want to get out of bed, that’s very unusual for me. But eventually the pressure of a poo got me out of bed. After my visit to the loo I then had a nice shower. And it was nearly 09.00 before I got downstairs.

After breakfast I went back upstairs and got the spare spare bed under the other bed. I put a fitted sheet onto it before pushing it underneath. Then put a fitted sheet on the top mattress and put a couple of the photo printed fleece blankets on top. That will keep the mattresses from getting grubby. The unwanted spare pillows I put the covers on and stuffed them into some pillow bags.

Then had a tidy up in the airing cupboard. Not thrown any away, yet. Going to need some new towels soon, so that will be another trip to Dunelms with Marion soon. Because I had my diabetes eye check today I had a sit down and rested the ankle. Once back from the check up, Marion took me there and brought me home. So this afternoon I have been just resting the ankle and the eyes. Those drops they put in don’t half make the eyes sting, and water.

The people that bought my flat in Barkingside have been in touch. They have contacted me a few times with various questions, which I have always replied to. But now they are selling the flat as the twins are getting bigger and naturally enough they need a bigger home. What they wanted was a further information about the loft. They have a buyer and it was the buyer that wanted the information. The buyer wanted me to sign a declaration about the work carried out but I said no to that. What did the buyer actually want to know.

Turned out they wanted to know the actual dates of the work carried out. Well, I gave all that information to those that had the flat now. But according to them they said that there was no starting or finishing date. I knew that but kept quiet. So I disturbed my memory vaults and came up with a starting and finishing date. No idea if they are correct but it was a long time ago. Val was at home when we had the work done. Think the year was 2006 and the starting month was March but the job was never properly finished as the the builder done a runner with the money. We had to get someone else in to rectify the faults and finish the job.

We had no choice but to call in the bailiffs to get our money back. Plus we contacted the police and got legal advice. But the so called builder was always one step ahead. We never got our money back and he was never caught. His business filed for bankruptcy.
After Val passed away I went looking for this builder. I contacted the organisation that recommended him but they didn’t want to know. I took legal advice on suing them but was advised against this.
But I knew where he played cricket on a Sunday. So I went there.

I knew what car he drove so I waited in the car park. In he drove but as soon as he saw me he was off like a rat up a drain pipe. I saw which way he went and I gave chase but he had vanished.
I won’t reveal his name on the open forum. But if I find him I will try and get back the money he had off of us.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 5th April 2024 at 18:34.. Reason: Adding to the story
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote