View Single Post
Old 4th December 2019, 22:19   #5
janker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon & MGZT 190

Update well i tackled the job today keyhole method, What a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- job took me all day 9am untill 4 pm as i had a few difficulties to say the least,Doesnt help when you are in the street no garage, No problems with the new parts that had been fitted a few years ago but the O rings had completley flattened out thats why i had a few leaks around the stat housing filling my V section.
Enclosed a few pics of my job, What are the 2 wires left and Right with 10mm bolts on the picture of the V section ??
Also some pics of my flattened out O rings causing the problem,Fitted the Clips as close as possible to the stat housing and the Rear of the pump but we will see if good enough,They were a pig to clamp up in a confined area ended up using a jubilee clip to squeeze up the clamp and a screwdriver to get the angle as my grips and everything i have would not go in,Filled the system with bleeder open and tank raised so hope i got the air out, Ran the engine upto 82 degrees in economy mode and checked water topped up a little then ran again ,Im going keep an eye on the water level over the next few journeys.
At the moment V section is dry fingers crossed.
many thanks for the help from the Forum. cheers julian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img_4457.jpg (137.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_4468.jpg (124.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_4470.jpg (128.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_4469.jpg (129.2 KB, 13 views)

My New Addition
MGZT 190 Trophy Blue 2001 Petrol.
janker is offline   Reply With Quote