View Single Post
Old 29th November 2019, 13:53   #3
janker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon & MGZT 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
That "something" will be flattening of the 'O' ring seals Jim. When you've fitted everything into place, be sure to move the plastic clips on the straight pipe fully outwards so that they are touching the water pump and thermostat housings. This simple operation keeps the whole structure rigid which hopefully will prevent a recurrence.

In the right-hand corner of the V at the water pump end there is a gap through which standing water can drain. It discharges in the oil filter area often leading people to conclude that the pump is leaking. I suggest that you complete your plastic components renewal and keep that area under observation. It may be a secondary factor of your 'O' ring leak, as it was on my car.

Simon
Many thanks Simon,I was wondering if there was some kind of drain in the V and that helps alot,Im betting the coolent from the V is leaking back down like you say,Ok that makes me feel abit better i will crack on and change the Stat and use your useful advice when doing so.
much appreciated Thanks Julian

My New Addition
MGZT 190 Trophy Blue 2001 Petrol.
janker is offline   Reply With Quote