View Single Post
Old 11th November 2018, 16:08   #340
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertoyou View Post
I've just inspected the plenum covers (as I think they are!!) on the left and right of the car - both bone dry and when I used a makeshift rodding device in the two holes near the gas struts on the left and right I felt no obstruction and it appears all dry. So... am I looking in the right place and maybe there is more to the plenum inspection than this? I know I sound really naive!!!.

You have been very lucky so far then...

You need to remove those covers and check for water below them. The drains are at the very bottom and the plenums are the space between the two bulkheads. They potentially can hold several gallons of water, if the drains are not cleared and checked regularly.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote