View Single Post
Old 11th November 2018, 16:06   #339
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertoyou View Post
Although I've owned a Rover 75 for almost 3 years I've never touched the plenums (learning all the time...) and I've never had a problem with that part of the car - I think. No soggy carpets ever.

Now I have a MG ZT V6 2004 facelift model (for the last few weeks) and, as we all know, we've had lots of rain. Now I have lots of water in the driver's footwell and under the seat in the sort of recess there - and in the rear offside passenger footwell. I mop it up and it returns.

I do know I have a misty wet windscreen on the inside sometimes...

I've just inspected the plenum covers (as I think they are!!) on the left and right of the car - both bone dry and when I used a makeshift rodding device in the two holes near the gas struts on the left and right I felt no obstruction and it appears all dry. So... am I looking in the right place and maybe there is more to the plenum inspection than this? I know I sound really naive!!!

Also - is this a possible factor? I've just had a new clutch last week and it kind of looks to me like the water is coming in from the general direction of the gearbox (which came out).
Hello - i think you will more likely get a response if you post in the general Technical section below - folk will not generally look in the sticky.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote