View Single Post
Old 19th January 2019, 20:34   #19
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I do like acrylic prints myself. Also aluminium ones are nice too. But as lovely as they are (especially the acrylic) think about hanging them. They are effectively hung with double sided tape.

The green hue could be coming from the sheen from the grass. There can be other things that will affect it. One big issue we used to have was people shooting and editing with different colour spaces as they read them to be better. However, whilst that can be true, the problem arises when it comes to printing. I even went as far to find the Fuji Frontier (the system we used) colour space. Tried it, within the monitor and photoshop, it was hideous. Did a little more digging, and it turned out our software utilised a standard sRGB all along lol. This lead to a colour shift. After years of experimenting on and off, I gave up lol, but it explained a lot of complaints we would get from enthusiastic photographers.

In terms of colours, keep it simple, keep it the basic sRGB (if you have changed it) and then have faith in the printers. If there is an issue, discuss it with them.

I mention the colour space as the grass looks a little washed out, but that could just be the grass, my monitor or AdobeRGB set on the camera.

In photoshop, you can select the white fur of the dog, and desaturate it gently (also you could use the desaturate brush).

With the images you have printed, try covering the right hand side to give you and idea of how it will look. To my eye, it gives it a little more of a dynamic look.
Thank you.
I asked how they were hung and they said "with four screws" but it looked a bit of a pain.

I think you are right about it coming from the grass. I moved the picture to another room and it looked fine... Also the other half said the colour looked fine.

Maybe it's my eyes!!

What do you mean by "colour spaces?"

You are totally right about cropping it, leaving Oscar on the right side of the image, instead of central. Thank you.