View Single Post
Old 18th March 2018, 15:15   #235
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

To all you guys who are wondering, this is the current state of play. I became extremely disillusioned towards the end of last year, and there comes a point when you really have to ask yourself, is it all worth it.
As you will have noticed from my various postings, I had a mammoth push to get the car finished last year and I spent many, many hours (and a small fortune) out in the garage and as you wil remember, I overcame a lot of challenges. BUT, I was scuppered at the last post I'm afraid, literally all that was left to be done was to bleed the brakes. I had the car jacked up, running whilst I set up my auto bleed device. The car had been running for quite a while and the cooling fan was cycling on and off quite nicely and the engine temperature holding really nicely, when all of a sudden I noticed a drip on the floor. I checked it out, and to my disgust, the engine rear main oil seal is leaking (even though everything in the rear of the engine is new) Total strip down required I'm afraid, engine/box back out.
Nah, I've had enough, the car will wait until I'm good and ready now. Maybe, one day I'll think about it, until then it can sit right where it is.
If this was a standard car, I would have binned it without any regrets, but because of the historical significance of 005, I will see it through to the bitter end. Just not for a while