View Single Post
Old 25th February 2022, 17:16   #6
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
To discount macafees suggestion, Jack up the car and try and spin both wheels with the handbrake applied, if one turns it’s the wheel end that’s the issue.

To access the handbrake compensator it’s easier with the centre console out (try this first) it should let you see the issue.

If not you need to lift the carpet at the rear of the front seats to access the Tim cover over the top of the compensator, once the tin cover is removed you should be able to see the issue.
Hello again....I tend to agree with your assessment, car is on axle stands at the moment. But as stated cannot apply handbrake as it is totally free moving as is the adjuster, no tension on handbrake whatsoever making it totally useless,with no ability to tension cables.
To remove the center consul is a dockyard job, but Im convinced that's where the problem lies.
I'm fully prepared to cut an access hole in the center consul to access compensator?
Trouble is I have no idea as to where to cut in order to access brake cables?

Do not understand your comment regarding tin cover?
Are you saying there is a tin cover in the car that I can remove to access cables?

I'm thinking that by my easing off adjuster that somehow the handbrake adjuster fitment/cable has come adrift?

How does the cable connect to the handbrake inside the car?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but removing center consul is not an option,
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote