View Single Post
Old 28th November 2021, 16:09   #84
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Thank you. So, would you say that the first three of the four points in BJ's letter to Macron fall under this particular treaty?

Putting aside the fact that the Frenchies are bad, would you say that putting the head of state to head of state level letter on Twitter was a sincere and wise action or merely intended to appease supporters at home by making suggestions that the other side could not possibly accept?

The reason I am having difficulty, apart from quite possibly being one of the uninitiated, is that I was taught never to put something in the public domain until discussion and agreement with the other side of a proposed negotiation is in place unless it is merely to score points for non-constructive motives.
Para1. BJ is rubbish, a bluffer of the first order. I would not trust him with any kind of French letter. His publishing of inter-premier correspondence is crass bad manners and distinctly undiplomatic. If he actually thought what you imply, it merely shows my opinion of him and some of those who support his antics is valid.

Para2. Please tell me which posts of mine give the impression that I think all 'Frenchies' (as you put it), using an unfortunate abbreviation that has cost Yorkshire cricket so much, are bad. I have a 20 strong collection of hats and I will eat them all if you can do that.

Para3. If you took umbrage at 'uninitiated' you might have been unaware that it is not insulting, at least not in this context. Further, my motives are not disguised in any way. HTH.