View Single Post
Old 24th August 2016, 11:29   #7
Thorfin
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi & MG ZS 180

From a technical point of view, forums are invaluable... I hate getting the same question every other day on Facebook groups because you can't search the group very well.

I have noticed on other forums that membership is dwindling all over, we (on the hyundai coupe forums) tried to get people to move over from Facebook to the forum, but noone is interested in Forums any more, its facebook this facebook that (which is a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- site anyway) unless you have an App that integrates with facebook then it might be ok to use...

For my forums, I own the hosting servers and they will be there weather the forums are or not, so if the forums have no use, it doesn't cost me anything and thus they stay up... then 6 months later they pick up again (With the Hyundai forum they went from nothing to a huge membership over the last two years due to a lot of work from dedicated members). I would hope that this forum wouldn't be canned in the future for lack of use, or if it is then I would hope someone like myself would be allowed to backup the important information for prosperity!