View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 14:16   #12
andre372
Gets stuck in

2001 Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT manual Royal Blue (JFM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Wheels View Post
Hi andre,

I too was in this position with regard to the switches when I did my retrofit.

When I examined plug C0331 on the ECU I noted that pin 23 "E" green/red, pin 28 "F" purple/green and pin 24 "G" green/purple were all present, I therefore concluded that the switches were in place.

The reasoning being that pin 27 wire was missing and so was the cruise control interface.
The steering wheel switches were missing and so were the 2 wires in C20082 pins 4 & 5
So if the wires were there so were the switches

Your picture of the clutch switch shows wires light green/purple, green/red and black which is another clue to the switch being present

In the end I connected everything up and tried it, and it worked.

Pete.
Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll find out about the ECU wiring when I get to adding the missing pin. I'm pretty sure they're there.
Looking at Rimmers' diagrams there shouldn't be any doubt about the clutch switch. But there it is shown as black, mine is white. .
Final conclusions can be made after I've bought and fitted a kit. But that might be in half a year or so.

Today I went and bought everything I need for doing the wiring. Plenty of black cable (PVC, 0,75 sq mm, I'm not really happy with it but couldn't find any better), some 3M branded bits for doing the "piggyback" thingy, self-vulcanizing isolation tape for packing in the 3M bits, some textile isolation tape for making a neat loom, and some 3/1 mm heat shrinking sleeve with glue for the to be soldered connections. I hope it shrinks enough to hold onto the original 0,5 sq mm wires.

By the way, the cruise interface plug in my picture is from a petrol car. I now have one from diesel also, so I'd have the correct colours and wouldn't need to move the connectors in the plug.
andre372 is offline   Reply With Quote