View Single Post
Old 13th September 2017, 20:27   #4
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Hello Macafee2,

When I started to write my entry you had no replies , and I was interrupted by telephone calls, so apologies if my points have already been answered by other entries above.

It depends how your seat and backrest elements are connected together- in parallel or series.

The Rave circuit diagramme shows the two elements in parallel, but I found mine to be in series.
That aside, I found two points on the seat element's route where my seat's element had snapped due to physical rubbing of the wire against "something else".
One was where you place your posterior on the outer edge of the seat near the join with the backrest.
The other is where the element passes from the central panel to the outer front edge panel. Here, the element goes under the thick wire loop beneath the light grey piping around the central panel leather top cover padding underneath and the securing "hog" loops. Here, constant movement/rubbing between the element, even on it's canvass base and the wire loop, results in the element breaking, with possible evidence of local burning of the canvass.

In the Forum's "How too's" there is one showing the replacement of the Rover element by another whoes name begins with an "S" and this element is supposed to be better than the Rover. because it has two temperature settings. I have one on my seat but prefer the Rover element that covers the whole seat, not just the centralpanel that the replacement element covers.

Have a look in the "How to's". Quite honestly, I would prefer to have the cloth seats of the lower spec models. Leather is too cold in the winter and takes time to take the chill off the seat, and unbearably hot when the car has been left out in the sun in summer. Cloth on the other hand is much better being not so cold in winter and not so hot in summer.

Hoping this helps,

GeoffWW

Last edited by GeoffWW; 13th September 2017 at 20:32..
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote