Thread: My Narrowboat.
View Single Post
Old 24th November 2018, 17:40   #1
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Default My Narrowboat.

Although I've been a member since I was first looking to buy a Rover 75, I don't visit very often, and I'd never even noticed this sub-forum. But I have now, so here's my boat.

It's a 42' Peter Nicholls trad stern, built in 1986 and it has a BMC 1.5 litre engine, as used to be fitted to J4 vans and Austin Cambridge taxis, and a Hurth HB150 gearbox.

I'm a liveaboard boater. I have a mooring in between Rugby and Coventry, I work for six months a year (I'm an HGV driver) and I cruise for six months a year, normally between March and September, or whenever the money runs out. I don't own a house, and very much doubt I ever will again.

Here's where I went last year.

For my first trip next year I am planning to go to the Lancaster Canal, then I'll probably hire a car and spend a few days driving around the Lake District. After that I don't know, maybe across to the Humber. But my plans are always a moveable feast. As well as boating I like to visit places of interest along the way, last year I went to the Secret Nuclear Bunker, the National Waterways Museum and various preserved railways.

Like all narrowboaters I love to waffle on about boats and boating, so if anybody else wants to, feel free!
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote