View Single Post
Old 11th November 2018, 16:57   #342
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertoyou View Post
I'm a novice so advance apologies.

This is the plenum cover on the n/s, yes?

There's one drain hole at the extreme right of the cover (partially visible) like a rubber bung but more like a short piece of tubing that fits in a hole. It is all dry in there. Everywhere that I can see save for my poor carpets.

Or do I need to remove the "tray" that is under the cover in the picture?

If I am better off posting elsewhere for advice then I will, of course.

No - they are drains, but they only allow drainage of some of the water, higher up.

You cannot see the drains, they are too deep below. One O/S is buried under the brake unit, which itself is under a clip on plastic cover. The N/S is visible, but only after the cover is removed and peering past the heater pollen filter - that will be wrecked as well.

Both become completely blocked by leaves and debris needing to be checked and cleared regularly, to prevent problems. Even more of a problem for a diesel, because the engine ECU is in the N/S plenum. They especially need to be frequently checked at this time of year, when all the leaves are falling..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 11th November 2018 at 17:12..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote