View Single Post
Old 25th April 2020, 16:15   #9
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Yesterday.
Got the ladders out to strike the Union Flag from the chimney following St. Georges Day. Furled it and put the lazzie bands on to keep it warm and descended the ladders. In that order. If I fell off on the way down I would be wrapped in the flag when I landed but as it is a quiet road nobody would see it anyway.

Wasn't aware of the two opposite neighbours nattering over the fence, if they think that was 6' they need a new tape measure. They were watching my trembling legs going up the ladders to the roof and then down again. Got a round of applause from them and another gent walking his bulldog. Thought that was apt. For a moment I thought I'd joined the NHS.

Today.

Cut several pieces of glass to size to repair greenhouse no. 2 following damage some time ago when dead branches broke off a tree in the wind and smashed the panes. Had half a ton of glass left over from when I closed the business so now have a beautiful multi-coloured pagoda-like refuge in the garden. I quite like being locked down.