View Single Post
Old 4th August 2008, 21:17   #14
MrBitsy
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Did you use a fair amount of the the removing liquid, you seemed to have put on quite an amount of the paint I wonder if it dried out after only 30 seconds.
Stubs
I put the removing liquid on a cloth and rubbed - I could tell instantly it seemed to have dried straight away. I then used loads of the liquid over a period of 15 minutes to scrub the bonnet, but not a single bit of paint came off - the cloth itself had a tiny hint of removed colour.

Once I had smeared the paint over the road rash, It really looked bad, so I didn't wait for the two minutes before I removed it. The bonnet wasn't hot, because I had only driven it 20 yards from the garage. It looks like I had applied it too thick, but I honestly hit it with the removing liquid within the first minute of application - the amount of application surely shouldn't be a problem.

What gets me though is the instructions say it can be left for up to two hours (after smearing it when applied) The weather was partly cloudy and it was 9am, so I don't think the bodywork could have been too hot either - it was only 5 minutes after I rinsed it off under the hose.

I posted straight away to stop others using the wipe on with a rag method.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MrBitsy is offline   Reply With Quote