View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020, 08:11   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I won.’t be bothering with the caravan this year. I don’t see the point, unless we can go to a caravan site and use the facilities and entertainment, can’t see the point. There is a lovely small site just inland from the Northumberland coast that I like as does my son, but SWMBO and the daughter want things to do and entertainment in the evenings So if. There are going to be restrictions on what you can do then it’s not much fun, may as well just sit in the garden as sit in the caravan with nothing to do or see.Also of everywhere is still closed and tourists not welcome what’s the point? One thing I will be doing is moving it off the jacks when I go to the farm where it is stored next week, and moving it back and forward to stop the tyres getting flat spots..
I read somewhere that if the van is standing long term, you are better to put the caravan on axle stands so the suspension can rest.

You are the opposite to me, we don't like sites where there is entertainment as generally they are too big for us. There is a small site at Chideock, just looking at the hills with the evening sun on them is entertainment enough for me, real eye candy. As for facilities, I'd get angry if others left them in a mess.

I'd be happy to just go to Chideock and be confined to the site, the weather at the moment is fantastic, sit out side, read a book, relax, BBQ.
We could take a weeks food with us so no need to leave site

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 20th May 2020 at 08:13..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote