View Single Post
Old 25th February 2020, 16:01   #14
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

I don't see that as much of an issue to be honest. It's only household coal in smaller plastic bags that's being banned, you'll still be able to but bigger bags from your local coalman and as for unseasoned wood I'm not sure why anyone would want to burn that anyway, it makes a lot less heat and buggers up your chimney in the process.

We have an open fire which I use a few times a week in the winter however I tend to either burn seasoned wood or household coal from the local coalman so it won't massively affect me. Even if it did it would be not great issue switching to smokeless coal.

I'm certainly not an environmentalist......my daily drivers are either a 2.7 V6 Rover Sterling made before catalysts became standard or a 3.5 V6 SLK however I do appreciate that the air is becoming noticeably cleaner in built up areas. We went down to London just before Christmas and normally that makes my lungs hurt and I feel grotty for a couple of days however however this time it was fine. No matter what your views are on the environmental issue it's nice to have cleaner air to breathe.