View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:34   #24
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
a bit of an update. I had a quick look at Alan's car and feel I did let him down somewhat as I was not in the position to delve deeply.

Pin 3 is being earthed. The wire starts as Blue and then is connected to a green wire that runs into the cabin to a push on push off switch and here it becomes complicated.

The switch has 4 wires I suspect :-
Earth from chassis to switch
Earth From switch to FBH
A live from somewhere. I presume this is used to light a light in the switch when it is on.
And the 4th wire, no idea what this does or if + or -

There is also wiring for I think a dash cam or sat nav and this does seem to complicate
things.

For some reason the fbh is starting when the switch is off. At the same time the light in the switch is coming on fully or in part.

There are wires that go no where.

Alas I could not test which of the wires did what on the switch, what the 4th wire does
or for any power being supplied inappropriately.

Alan my go to a nano meet. I think the wiring in the cabin can be improved but I feel it will need the assistance of a test meter
I think in one of the other posts it mentions a blue wire, this is the wire for pin 3 and not the glow plug.

macafee2

Thanks for the report, when you say it starts with the switch off, do you mean when engine started or as a parking heater, eg how does it get switched on ?

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote