View Single Post
Old 16th April 2020, 09:17   #19
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
A 0.8 amp output is too low, 3 amps is sufficient and a 5 amp C-tek, as recommended by Suzublu, would be a wise choice because it's nicely over-engineered so will last for ever.

A few tips for you Dawn:
  • Buying the cheapest of anything is usually a false economy.
  • A flat battery will draw only about 3 amps so it's pointless paying for a 10 amp charger.
  • You may think that you need it only during the Coronavirus emergency but believe me, you will use it again.

Simon
Hi Simon, I totally understand that cheap isn't always the way forwards, but given the price of a C-tek and the fact I'm on 80% of what was already minimum wage then it's just not possible. The one vacuuman suggested looks a very good compromise. English sellers, good price, and it has a 4amp rating so should do the job. It is what I was looking for. I have a large and clunky charger and jump starter that is actually excellent and cost about £80 that I currently use, so this isn't for Covid - I'm looking at something that would be more of a maintainer for the MG as it doesn't come out much and I'm told the battery shouldn't just be charged, but cycled.

I shall order a Maypole later today I think. Thank you all!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote