View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:18   #17
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
1. Will TOAF allow ALL the dealership function changes that T4 does. If not what wont you be able to do with T4 (for example Vin and Mileage changes?).
2. What leads will be needed to connect the car OBD to the laptop
3. Will TOAF give the same dynamic monitoring functions on all the modules the same as T4
4. Will there be any safety aspects to make it difficult to brick your cars electrics (Not withstanding power failures on your laptop!).
5. Will there be any instructions with the software.
6. What is the minimum processing power needed to run this program.
7. What is the best operating system (Windows etc) for this program.
8. Will any additional discs or software be needed to run this program
9. Of particular interest for me at the moment. Can I fit an IPK dial cluster to a non IPK car with this software.

I have watched the youtube video with interest.

Thanks again for all you hard work on this and hope you can answer some of the queries we are asking.

As I have said above I am not interested in who, what, where, when, all I am interested in is using a system that gives me T4 functionality because down the SW of the UK we don't have any T4 Gurus to go too.

I hope my English makes sense to you guys in Poland becasue your English is better than my Polish

Cheers

Jon
1. TOAF will allow to changes all delaership function like T4
but You still can not change VIN and Millage in IKE module because this information is wroten in chip security area. Only known way to change is deslodering chip and changing eeprom memory.

2. you need Any cable with DS2 (BMW INPA Interface or bridged Viakken kkl kable )

3. what do You mean?

4. We testing this software since summer last year and nobody bricked any module. just think what you do and remmember to power be with you

5. This is very simple software button connect, buttons with module names and available option, probably there will be short description about every option

6. im running 8 year old laptop with 1.5Ghz Centrion Duo and Vista , but works also on xp and probably with olders computers and systems it is simple app which You can copy into 3,5" floppy if You have floppy drive and take everywhere It is stand alone app, no instalation,

7. should be running on every windows machine it is just one exe file. I dont know how about iMac apple... sorry

8. no additional software needed, only Toaf and cable with DS2, If you haven't You need FTDI driver to cable which is downloadable from web

9. you can retrofit IPK and configure it, but you still need to desolder eeprom to change vin
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote