Thread: psacan.eu
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2015, 14:22   #13
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Mine arrived on Saturday (Early Xmas present from my GF) and seems to be a good bit of kit - been using it to try and fix the (oft ranted about) ABS problem I have.

The one problem I've had with it was a spurious error message (Kbus shorted to 12V) which I've *just* seen an update released this morning eliminates.

Works well with my Mk2 CDTI Contemporary, the GF's Mk1 (Pre-OBD) Connie and my TD5 discovery.

The one thing that would make it easier to use is some way to know which ECUs you actually have - either something templated so you say "I have a 2004 CDTI" and the tool knows, or an ECU scan to detect the ECUs live on the bus and only offer them for diagnostics, removing the units not live. No idea how easy/hard these would be to do - even a text file with a list of ECUs various models "tend" to have would be fine.

Now I need to figure out why all of my ABS sensors are showing 1.4kph when the car's standing still, and why one of them keeps going to "--" as a speed reading. And fix the secondary pot on my accelerator that's 3% off the primary and.... and... and...

Yep - I've finally got a diagnostic tool that's causing me something bordering on automotive hypochondria - "Gotta fix *ALL THE THINGS"

Great piece of kit so far
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote