View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:43   #1
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

Default Turning Your FBH On/Off Via Text......

Having recently fitted my FBH, I decided to fit a wireless remote and a timer. Only trouble was, I had to remember to set the timer (and turn it off when it wasn't needed!).

The remote is fine IF you can see the car but anything much than 20-30 meters and its not going to work.

I park over half a mile from my office, so I wanted to use a mobile phone but all the kit I had looked at was expensive and you needed a degree in electronics to set them up and work them (plus you needed to be fluent in Chinglish, as the instructions were poorly translated).

I bought this and I decided to have a go at testing and fitting it.

Here is a short video of it setup turning a bulb on and off via a phone call (it doesn't answer, so no costs and the guy throws in a free sim card!).

Click the picture below to play it

The connections are simple.

Positive & Negative to power the unit up.

Wire to pin 3 on the large plug on my FBH goes to "C" on relay.

Negative connection to "NO" on same relay.

The unit has 2 relays and relay 1 operates on a phone call and relay 2 operates on text messages.

The unit's setup instructions are on http://www.lewisrendal.co.uk/

The clever bit is that you tell the unit up to 5 phone numbers that it can accept instructions from. This means that the pesky PPI and Ambulance chasing calls will not turn on your FBH.

I have mounted the unit in my armrest. This is so I can get to to the sim card if needed and its dry and clean and the temperature is reasonably stable.

I will fabricate a false bottom for this, so its covered and secured.

Dave

Last edited by DaveyC; 20th April 2017 at 08:58..
DaveyC is offline   Reply With Quote