Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2016, 20:32   #157
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

In my younger days I had loads of extra gauges fitted to my Mothers Morris Minor 1000, one of which was a vacuum gauge.
It was coupled to the inlet manifold and could tell you when you were driving most efficiently.
I learned a lot from that driving technique which stays with me today almost 50 years later.

Wow ! just realised that by 6th November next year I will have been driving (officially) for 50 years. I was driving tractors on the farm when I was 12 and buck raking silage into the silage pit at 13.
Incidentally I got my licence on the 6th November 1967 and passed my test first time on the 8th December 1967 and during that time I had been involved in two accidents.
I was stationary in both cases, first one where a bus mounted the pavement on my nearside to get past me while I was waiting in traffic causing a bit of damage to the rear wing then a couple of weeks later a van hit the other side when exiting a car park. The driver gave us a false address, yes even back in 1967 we had rogues.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote