Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 15th June 2016, 21:29   #154
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default She's passed and ready to go

Got the car in for MOT today at a local Kwik fit branch. The insurance code for the free MOT still wasn't through so after speaking with customer services I agreed to pay the £30 and they will fund this when code comes through.

It does say it takes up to 72 hours after purchasing insurance for this so I've no complaints.

Oh! BTW it passed but has 4 advisories, first two are front left hand and right hand brakes fluctuating but not excessive, No 3 is slight play in off side track rod end and No4 is brake pipes are painted !!

On my last MOT I had 12 advisories (see post 116) and of those the only two I agreed with were the rusty brake pipes (now replaced with new pipes) and two rear tyres reaching end of life ( now replaced with new tyres.

Previously my near side track rod end was noted but now Kwick fit say the off side is worn.

It will be interesting to see what's reported next MOT as I checked them both and found no wear. I actually purchased a new track rod end for the near side but decided not to fit it.

At the end of the day all MOT stations just want to make it look like they're doing the job properly but it does gripe me a bit that these advisories go onto the vehicle MOT history.

So this afternoon I've been polishing the old girl up a bit for Saturday but I do have an annoying rumble coming from the near side rear which I will investigate.

I've just taxed the car for the year at £295 ! Ouch ! It's been an expensive week but at least I'm back into a 75.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote