View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2019, 20:32   #17
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Sorry for the obvious question but has the OP done a battery reset? This can cure all sorts of gremlins by disconnecting the car main battery for 30mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I'm guessing we're talking about the remote operation ...

A member here in Sweden had the same problem a few days ago. Tried the sync procedure as per handbook, didn't help. Then tried what he referred to as a "Norwegian re-set": took one of the cables off the main battery and held it briefly against the other. Tried the sync procedure and it worked. First time I've ever heard of it.

Otherwise people tend to recommend a main battery disconnect for half-an-hour, if that fails then Toaf can reactivate remote boards.

Regards
I hadn’t heard of it either until recently.
However, this procedure is well documented, as it carries out a hard re-boot, with capacitor discharge, when a system has got confused.

A few days ago, SWMBO’s Peugeot 308’s central display failed to display and I fixed it by using this method.
It involves disconnecting the battery leads, and keeping them well away from battery terminals, then connect them by touching, or my preferred method, is to use a link lead with crocodile clips.

I have never tried it on my Rover 75 as a battery disconnect has cured a multiple of electrical sins for me.

Let the good times roll............

Last edited by Dorset Bob; 23rd November 2019 at 20:58..
Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote