Old 28th January 2018, 13:37   #45
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRWMGTF View Post
Sorry.
I have read the thread again and it would appear to be a joint charge of £400.
As it happens I am also a member of the Durham MG Club and there provisional calendar lists this as "Sunday 18 March Stuart McNulty's Trip to Shildon NRM Bowburn Services 10.00am" no mention of a £400 fee. However that may change in the February Gazette.
David

I am also a member of Durham MG Club, (and have been for around 10 years) and yes there is no mention of it. Mike Forbes asked me to organise the meet, as I organised it last year, and there was no charge, however, I have been in contact with Shildon for the last couple of months and in my last correspondence with them (Shildon), then decided that they now have to charge, so I am not happy with them, and have also spoken to Mike about it, and have sent Shildon another email stating that the costs are expensive, as if we parked in the public car park then it would not cost us anything, so how can they justify charging us £400 to park on the main apron outside the museum.

I have also told them that members attending would also use the café and that would generate income, and if we did not attend then they would lose income if we did not attend

I await a reply, but have also today been to Hartlepool and spoken to the Royal Naval Museum, and will be sending them an email tomorrow, to see if we could hold the meet at their location, but looks like that they might want to make a charge as well

I will know very soon when I get replies from both locations, but no matter what, I am trying very hard to find a suitable location with either no charge or at least a very small charge, but not happy with the costs that Shildon have quoted

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote