View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:03   #6
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

I had this dilemma in the last week. I had produced a semi-custom roof lining, but unfortunately the result was short lived. This required another one to be procured from a yard. Collecting a saloon roof lining in a saloon can be quite interesting. Unfortunately the owner of the yard has refused anybody performing any type of repairs on his premises, but happily laughed witnessing my struggles deploying such item into the car. Took two attempts and had to refit all headrests for the lining to sit on top of them to allow the drive home.
I think the art of fitting into the car is to be well organised and prepped prior to the exercise taking place, all a-b-&c trims removed, ideally at least one of the front seats removed and the rest folded down. Rear bench base removed and rear view mirror removed and steering wheel at it's lowest setting.
This would allow the best possible chance, but I was able to gently bend sections one by one to allow it to go in. This worked really well but also try your best to keep bends to a minimum, and dont keep a bend in situ for long as it will allow a permanent crease or possible breakage of the structure underneath the lining. Another aspect to allow for is time, rush it and it will go wrong, so my fitting time with all trims and fittings etc with seats not removed to allow fitting was about 2 hours.

Mine fitted perfectly and shows no signs of injury or evidence of replacement !
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote