View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2019, 22:38   #697
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Druyts View Post
Hi all,

The stop I first had in mind, is not good. It is restaurant, before you arrive at Gent.(on the E40 from Ostend to Gent and then Brussels)It is Ia Burger King. So not advisable. So don't go there. It's nasty food.
The next one, is a stop between way out number 11 (=Beervelde) and wayout number 12 (=Lokeren) of the E17. Coming from Ostend, you are driving on the E40. When you arrive à Gent, you have to switch to the E17 direction Antwerpen.
Having done that, after 15 minutes, you will arrive at stop "KALKEN". It is between way out number 11 and wayout number 12.
I had confirmation today that there will be 32 eating places reserved in the restaurant. You will arrive between 13 h and 14 h. The managment, as well as me, will be waiting for you.
For going to the toilets, (ps EVERYWHERE IN BELGIUM) you need euro coins. You have to put in 0,70 cents into the machine, and then you get allowance to the toilets. BUT you get a voucher for it. You give that voucher where you pay your dinner at the self service, and it will be deducted from the total prise .So for a couple, that means although 1.4 euro of profit.
The restaurant is called "Lunch Garden". You can get a hot meal at very low price, and this for excellent quality food. I advise to do this, as buying a sandwich is even at a comparable price, but then you have "less" for the same money. there is a quiet big variety of hot food available. Even MUSSELS & FRIES FOR 14 euro. Other dishes are also approximately at 10 till 20 euro. There is also soup and dessert, if you like.
There are a lot of parking places, but reservating for our group in one and only area was not possible. (not allowed as all are strictly "public")
Eric
Belgium
Many thanks from Jan & I too Eric,sounds good to us,Take care until we see you soon.

Kind Regards.....John & Jan.