View Single Post
Old 11th January 2015, 19:09   #6
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
... the only thing that has been a constant repair is the catalytic converter, which im now on my 4th as the unburnt fuel is burning them out ...
Crikey Kev., that's serious. Sorry, when you originally said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Basically The Car Has a Very Low Level Misfire On Bank 1 across all 3 Cylinders ...
I thought that "low level" meant insignificant. It's now apparent that you've got a real problem.

At least you've narrowed it down to the left hand bank. I'm afraid that I don't have a quick answer for you. I guess you're going to have to rely on basic fault-finding logic with this one.

You've ruled out the sparking plugs and the ignition coils. A valve timing error is possible on one bank only. I suppsoe you could try a compression gauge on each cylinder to see if that produces a clue.

Regarding my advice on the crankcase breather system, the left-hand bank is easy to check so why not do it. There are two wire mesh filters in the cam cover. They'll be discoloured, but if they're choked with gunge then clean them in a suitable solvent or renew them. The pinhole is between the filter and the smaller diameter tube to the intake system. When replacing the cam cover, observe the torque setting for the screws. There are about sixteen of them, and there's a specified tightening sequence.

If you do decide to go down this route, please let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Simon