View Single Post
Old 1st June 2020, 05:02   #6
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Well, the last few days have been a matter of testing to see if I could find something more. I simply wanted to test whether it was the LSM or the BCU.

So I disconnected the one, connected the other and measure the usage 1 hour later. To make sure, I repeated the whole test 3 times.

Friday:
- Without BCU, but with LSM = 0.03 amps
- Without BCU and without LSM = 0.03 amps
- With BCU, but without LSM = 0.38 amps
- With BCU and with LSM = 0.34 amps

After this test, I removed the Bluetooth ODB dongle (I forgot about it...   )

Saturday (waited 2 hours between each test):
- Without BCU, but with LSM = 0.00 amps (meter would show 0.03 and then drop to 0)
- Without BCU and without LSM = 0.00 amps (meter would show 0.03 and then drop to 0)
- With BCU, but without LSM = 0.34 amps
- With BCU and with LSM = 0.31 amps

Sunday (waited almost 3 hours between each test):
- Without BCU, but with LSM = 0.00 amps (meter would show 0.02 and drop to 0)
- Without BCU and without LSM = 0.00 amps (meter would show 0.01 and then drop to 0)
- With BCU, but without LSM = 0.07 amps
- With BCU and with LSM = 0.31 amps

I don't understand why sunday was different to saturday...

All tests where done with the doors closed for at least an hour and a clamp on the bonnet switch. Immediately after opening a door the amps would go up to 0.34 amps, except when the BCU and LSM was removed. It seems the car doesn't know when the door is open without the BCU??

From what I'm seeing at the above, I'd start to think that the BCU is the issue. How can I test this any further??