View Single Post
Old 28th December 2018, 21:34   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Thank you, I hoped others would enjoy it. I wrote it because SO many others – English AND foreign all say "how do you drive on the other side of the road!" Well, it really is no problem at all. Perhaps roundabouts are initially perplexing and you have to keep your wits about as Italians especially regard directional inidcators as a manufacturers optional fitment and as for parking … !!
Also the road surface conditions in many smaller roads are terrible, far worse than even UK potholes, so am treating the Rover with greater empathy when driving here.
Leaving the EU will almost certainly bring much more expense, delay and complication. Driving through EU countries without a single border stop is so easy and very envious of EU drivers nipping in and out of each others country. However, I can also see that to be a problem for many in UK, hence, Brexit. It might be even more complicated if we as Brits drive our LHD Fiat to UK??
If you are used to driving a RHD car on UK roads, it is probably easier to drive it in Europe then it is to drive a LHD car in Europe, this is what I found recently. The reason being, you are sitting on the right hand side of the car, the kerb side and so it is easy to judge the edge of the road. In a LHD you wont be able to see the kerb when you are close to it and you are not used to it.You are already used to positioning the car to deal with obstacles on the left

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 28th December 2018 at 21:37..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote