View Single Post
Old 27th February 2020, 08:44   #25
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverguest View Post
Yes it does seem that way, and squeezing the top hose with the coolant cap off the hose felt empty and sounds were just like wheezing and no water displacement or movement in the header tank like you’d expect.
Sounds a bit similar to what I’ve experienced with my latest V6, some bleed easily some like mine require multiple bleeds to get that last bit of air out.

Just been out to test my top hose with a stone cold engine. When squeezing the hose and with the expansion tank cap off, most of the difference is a gurgling sound but there is a very slight difference in the level in the tank. Mine is exactly on the max mark, if I compress the top hose it will rise one or two mm, release it and then back to max. But I should stress the difference is minimal and barely visible.

I found that despite following the procedure, air remained in mine and when I, against the recommend advice, eased the bleed screw some air came out before the coolant. Another test drive, same again, air out - then coolant. Took a few trips to expel all the air but then settled on 95 degs.

Regards

Last edited by vitesse; 27th February 2020 at 15:08.. Reason: Missed the word "cap"
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote