View Single Post
Old 30th November 2020, 16:27   #27
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO13 View Post
I have a 2004 diesel Connoisseur, 'Elgar'. It has 'fork' alloy wheels and Pirelli tyres. The engine is quite well muted, but could be quieter. The wind noise is quite noticeable. The worst noise is the noise of the tyres over most surfaces. The car also has various rattles and buzzzes from places such as doors and somewhere around the dash. There is also a whining sound which comes from the engine and is most noticeable at low speeds. I have no idea what this whining sound is, but it makes the car sound 'cheap'. The driver's door has a cheap-sounding hollow sound when it is closed. I would like to get some sound deadening for that door at least. However, despite all this, I get a lot of pleasure from owning and driving a Rover.
If you have forked alloys I guess they are the larger diameter ones. When i first got my blue auto it had Meteors with some kind of low profile tyres and i thought I had 4 flat tyres at times. I switched to 15” crowns as soon as I could in order to restore the silent running mode.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote