View Single Post
Old 24th February 2020, 20:37   #10864
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Emptied my tools out of the ZT, and filled it to the brim with all manner of stuff, door cards, a couple of wings, two dozen IPK dial faces, a box of LSM, a box of diesel ECM, a couple of V6 bits, a pair of powerfolds with switch packs and looms, and a complete saloon Harmon Kardon setup and other stuff I no longer need or want, then drove to the tip.

On my return I have started to strip my shed out of the Marina hoard, the scrapman has just taken three A series engines, six steering racks, three propshafts, two type 65 Borg Warner gearboxes, and five brand new exhaust systems, along with two new fuel tanks, and a couple of new wings.

I bet the weigh in won't know how rare or indeed what these parts are worth, I'm not bothered, there will be two K series engines out there tomorrow, and a Torsen PG1 gearbox along with three R65U.

Next week I'm dragging the cars off the front, and down to the scrapyard, my wife deserves better, and I'm going to give it to her .

Brian

You cannot take this stuff to the grave, it doesn't make you feel better hoarding stuff, it doesn't matter how rare or valuable
Brian, You'll be back in one form or another, once an engineer, always an engineer, petrol head, car enthusiast, you wont be able to adopt your pipe and slippers just yet, daytime TV is awful by the way.

Its safe to say cars make memories, they make memories for everyone, even for the lovely women in our lives. Go buy the lady what she wants (a shiny new motor) and get yourself a good classic to while away those enjoyable hours, we all need that important man time.

You don't want to be putting up flowery curtains and fluffy cushions in your man-cave.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote