View Single Post
Old 19th May 2019, 15:40   #29
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
A couple of years ago we spent a couple of weeks holiday, looking after some pet hens, whilst the owner took their own holiday away. We were told to take as many eggs as we liked and give the rest away. We just didn't like the eggs at all, gave them all away and bought our supplies from the shops.

Part of the issue, is that our sense of taste deteriorates as we age. The smell or taste of vinegar was to me terrible until a few years ago, I used to take lemon juice on my F&C's - now I actually like vinegar since the past few years.

I agree fully with the decline in taste etc as we age, vinegar as we know it is just not that, being of course diluted acetic acid, coloured with caramel!. My grandmother made her own genuine vinegar directly from wine which gives the stuff great flavour, but you have to make sure the wine stayed free of undesirable microbes or you end up with a mess, the final vinegar should be a lovely pink colour, mixed with good virgin olive oil and fresh herbs to flavour salad.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote