View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 15:16   #12
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Lightbulb Which type of filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Anne View Post
I have ordered the clip from EBay and as highlighted and will see if my son can have a go at fixing Rosie for me xxxxThanks again for all your help.
If your son has a go, first thing to do is lift the rear seat base (the bit you sit on). Underneath the carpet and the soundproofing you'll find two black access plates - each one is secured by 4 small bolts. The one on the left (passenger side) covers the fuel filter. The one on the right (driver's side) covers the fuel pump and has some wires going through it.

Caution: watch out for petrol fumes. Remove the 4 bolts from the access plate on the LHS. Now you can see the white top of the fuel filter. There are two types - does yours look like the one below, i.e. does it have the two finger loops (arrowed red)?

Pic is the filter on my 75

The other type is a later version and it does not have those loops - see pic below.

Pic borrowed from mikemc75 post 3 here

If your filter does have the loops (first pic above) I think you've got the earlier type and the orange/white clip won't fit.

If your filter doesn't have the loops (second pic above) then I think you've got the later type and the orange/white clip will fit.

It might be an idea to photograph the top of the filter and post the pic here before going any further.

Note to all: see this thread, especially Lates' post 7 onwards. If Rosie is fitted with the earlier type of filter, maybe it's a pump problem instead (i.e. faulty electrics or faulty pump itself)?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote