View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019, 18:53   #36
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

well pointed out simon ! which epitomises everyones different views . each of us have different circumstances and differing usage of these cars . I bought my 75 nine years ago as a tempory vehicle on a low budget at the time as having sold my xtype to help fund my daughters university fees. needless to say I fell in love with it !! its been my daily user for over 9 yrs now. I could buy another car that's more economical and reliable but I cant stand the thought of letting her go. so the fuel bills of daily commute to work started to escalate.luckily for me I came across an opportunity to buy a brand new lpg kit that was ordered by design and custom built for the kv6. the kit was never fitted so I bought it. it was from a former member on here LOTUSMAN. I fitted it over a period of 2mths. sounds a long while but without a garage or offroad parking it was an achievement …. especially as it was still used on petrol every day ! if the car does go wrong on lpg it will run on petrol automatically . it gives you the same benefit of electric/petrol in that if one breaks down the other system is still available. can I ask you simon what you meant by government schemes ? as far as im aware grants here in the uk towards lpg conversion of either cars or domestic installations were never implemented as they do in other E.U states.here they gave us nothing. no doubt there are many people on here who use these cars as a luxury or daily drive. its up to the individual and I fully respect that .we all love our rovers on here and that's the main thing. think the petrol models especially the kv6 ranges will ultimately be the long term survivors in terms of longevity as most of the diesels are and will be driven into the ground. but of course time will tell and I wont be around to see that !!!
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote