View Single Post
Old 30th March 2018, 21:55   #8
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
Hiya all How's everybody doing as we all love our cars and we want too preserve them I though I'd share some of my rust proofing story.

As you all know last year I went quite extreme with it and I did every single panel and behind it too went ott ut so far not a single spec of rust, how ever I'm still not 100% satisfied.

All the rest of the car is done just the underneath I haven't finished it off yet.

I've has red oxide three coats since last year and I'm happy too say none of its flaked off which is great, Still with the underneath of the car exposed too salt grit road debris etc I still want too do even more and I will

Been too BNQ today and bought myself a tin of Layland Trade Anti Corrosive paint, Red oxide does just that as well but I want too add more thickness and coats for even more greater protection.

then I'll use my favourite Gravitex stone chip protector like have done everywhere else, then red oxide again and more coats of the layland trade paint in the colour I'm after other coat of Gravitex and then I can finally do other coat of red oxide and then I can paint it in any colour of my choosing.

I don't think it will rust in a very long time did the same in the inside.

Its almost bomb proof and extreme.

Anyone got any story's of there rust proofing of there cars happy here what other great ideas that people have though up in the past, shame we can't use old engine oil, then again environmental health would get us for that.

Reminds me of my fords in the 80’s lol
My neighbour worked in the shipyards and I had a bottomless supply of red oxide 🤣🤣..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote