View Single Post
Old 26th June 2019, 16:56   #1
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Big thanks to Stocktake!

At ridiculously short notice, Dave, the VIZ motor guru agreed to check out the motors on my 2.5 L Connie tourer prior to a long European journey I am about to undertake soon. I suspected a VIZ problem as I wasn't getting the response I expect from a working system while driving to and from Glasgow recently, although performance overall was still acceptable. Just a bit unresponsive though, not what I was used to from the usually keen 177 PS engine. Anyway, turned up (he's very near me) bonnet up and lo and behold, not one but both motors were stone dead! David replaced them both for a very reasonable charge and things now feel that they are back to the way they should be! The power motor was changed last year and in the last five years, I have had to twice replace the same motor (not with one of Dave's modified units I hasten to add). So I would like to thank Stocktake for taking the trouble to sort it out for me! Thank goodness for enthusiasts like him! Those motors are a right pain in the a**e.
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote